Dates & Times
- Saturday 7 November 2020
- Kata competitor briefing and warm up from 2:00pm
- Kata competition (including medal presentation)
- Weigh in for Sunday events 4:00pm – 5:00pm Saturday and 8:00 – 9:00am Sunday
- Sunday 8 November 2020
- Judo individual contest events 10:00am – 5:00pm (including Teams event)
- Followed by medal presentations
- Players and Partners dinner from 6:30pm
- Age is determined as at Friday 6 November 2020
- Minimum age for competition is 30 years
Judo Kata Contest
- Kodokan Goshin Jutsu
- Katame No Kata
- Ju No Kata
- Nage No Kata
- Kime No Kata
Organisers will aim to create age divisions with a 5 year spread and weight divisions as close as possible to IJF categories. However age and weight groups will be finalised after the weigh in and will depend on the entries.
Kodokan Judo Kata Contest
In pairs with men and women competing in the same competition under IJF rules and judging criteria.
Individual Judo Contest
In Belt Grade categories of:
- Novice – up to yellow belt (Go Kyu), (Novice may also compete in Kyu grade, not Open Grade
- Kyu grade – (coloured belts), Kyu grade players may also compete in Open Belt grade competition
- Open belt grade
- Team Contest
Then in weight categories of:
- Over 100kg
- Over 90kg and up to and including 100kg
- Over 81kg and up to and including 90kg
- Over 73kg and up to and including 81kg
- Over 66kg and up to and including 73kg
- Over 60kg and up to and including 66kg
- Up to and including 60kg
- Over 78kg
- Over 70kg and up to and including 78kg
- Over 63kg and up to and including 70kg
- Over 57kg and up to and including 63kg
- Over 52 kg and up to and including 57kg
- Over 48kg and up to and including 52kg
- Up to and including 48kg
Weigh categories may be combined within reasonable ranges (+ 5-7%) to give players a chance to win matches and compete, players must win a match to receive a medal.
Teams Judo Contest
Teams of 6 players made up of 3 men and 3 women as per the IJF Rules.
Men play men and women play women in the corresponding weight category. Grades are Open. The Team with the most match wins or, if wins are equal, the most ippons win.
- under 73kg
- over 73kg and under 90kg
- over 90kg
- under 57kg
- over 57kg and under 70kg
- over 70kg
Gold Coast PCYC (180 Monaco St, Broadbeach Waters, QLD, 4218)
- $50 per Kata contest
- $50 per Individual and/or Team Judo contest or both (i.e. you can compete in one individual grade and one team for $50, if you want to compete in an additional individual grade it will be a further $50).
- Competitor: $125 | $145 standard fee (from 3 September, 2020)
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
Wednesday 28 November 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
Additional Judo Information
- Contest duration is 3 minutes for men and women.
- Individuals may compete in Open or Kyu-grade or Novice categories
- Players may also enter: Novice and Kyu, or Kyu and Open (2 x Entry fees)
- Divisions will be made-up of age and weight groups at the discretion of the Tournament Officials according to entries. Using IJF Categories to the extent possible
- A blue and a white Judo Gi are mandatory for the Judo Competition, so competitors will need two Judo suits.
- Participants must to bring their Judo Federation of Australia Inc or International body membership record to the competition weigh-in as evidence of their insurance coverage.
- Contestants without a current International Judo Federation affiliated body or Judo for Federation of Australia Inc affiliated body membership MUST register with Judo Queensland membership event $50.00 prior to weigh-in or will not be eligible to compete on the day.
- Insurance coverage details may be viewed at the Judo Federation of Australia Inc
- Judo Suits must conform to IJF rules but may be any brand and do not require the IJF logo
- If you would like to attend the Players and Partners dinner on Sunday 8 November, 2020 please express your interest when you submit your event entry.
- The competition is presented by Judo Queensland and is sanctioned by the Judo Federation of Australia Inc.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
- Competition Rules: International Judo Federation Rules modified for Masters age groups
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
View our travel page for details on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Organise your travel when you’re on the Gold Coast via G:link, bus, train or taxi and view transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.